M Benedito asks:

> I would like to ask you if anyone of you have any experience on growing that
> genus? Because the information available on the internet is scarce and very
> "superficial"

I have been growing D. lowii for some years. It gets large in cultivation (an
huge in the wild.) One used to see them in Borneo, hanging down from large
trees in full sunlight at around 800-1000 m. That translated into days around
25C, night around 15C; rain every 2-3 days, with dry spells seldom more than a
week long.

In cultivation, they like to grow almost horizontally from a (large) lump of
cork or redwood bark, The roots tightly around this, and seldom drop aerial
roots. I keep them close to the glass and in good air circulation. The plant
is slow growing and difficult to flower under non-tropical conditions.

Oliver Sparrow
+44 (0)20 7736 9716
www.chforum.org