Hi,

     I've recently purchased a bleach substitute that I intend to use for
    cleaning pots and possibly getting rid of algae in some of the pots that
    have orchids in them. What the label on the jug says is that it uses
    hydrogen peroxide as a bleaching agent, with no chlorine added.
    My question to the group is this: can I use it in my fertigation system
    control the algae growth in the pots that have orchids and algae growing
in them, is
    it safe for the roots of the plants?
    It seems that any potting mix I've made that contains sphagnum moss
turns
    green within about 2 weeks or less. I used bleach on the floors and
benches
    before, then ventilated like crazy to remove the chlorine fumes. I'm
looking
    for an alternative to bleach that I can use for sterilizing pots and
    controlling algae.
    Has anyone else tried other products other than chlorine for algae or
    sterilization? At what ratio did you mix it? I'm hoping I can add it to
my
    fertilizer tank, as I believe that is where the algae is coming from.
I'm on
    municipal water.
    Any advice or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Cody Cruise
Wee-Gro Orchids
Abbotsford, BC