Cody, I am sorry to hear you want to get rid of all algae on the plants.
The spores are in the air as well as in the water. Your addition of
chlorine to the water will be less than what the municipality adds, so
you might just injure your plants with fresh chlorine. I believe your
problem stems from too wet an environment for the plants,  not free
running algae. Let the surface dry a bit more and this might reduce your
algae problem. If you try to get rid of it you might get rid of the
fungus also, and this will set your plants back if not starve them
outright. In the trees where most of the orchids live, algae and fungi
are both present and necessary for healthy plant growth. The less
interference the better.
T Jennings