frank thrall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spaketh thusly:

>Barbara. Look at it this way. None of us would knowingly purchase
>illegally imported plants.

         A bit of an odd statement.

         When someone buys a box of paphs from Asia and has them sent
to their doorstep in the United States- only to be intercepted by
ICE- and ends up getting one heck of a stiff fine out of the deal, I
would opine they knew precisely what they're doing. When every single
species in that box is of the sort one cannot purchase legally in the
United States- not just because they're Appendix I but because they
are not available on the market- I would say it's a certainty.

         And does it happen? Oh, yes it does- and the physician who
bought them was fined $10,000.

         -AJHicks
         Chandler, AZ