One method I have used is to use a scanner and scan the labels, by
enlarging them in a photo enhancement program and boosting the
contrast, I can read the label and get the name off it. This does not
work on everything, but it works on most, it has been speculated the
UV light of the scanner bulb caused the residual ink to be visible
bringing the writing out on many labels. You want to try this as soon
as you notice the ink is fading, the longer you wait, the less chance
you have of getting any image off the label.

I started several years ago, using a Brother label maker to make
laminated labels I can stick on my plastic labels, I have been using
them for about 5 years and none of them are showing any sign of
fading. Also, a good old number 2 pencil is much better than any type
of ink label pen I have tried and I have tried several that claim to
never fade.

Tom
| Tom Hillson                         Orchid Grower Specializing
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]            In Paphs and Pleurothallids
| http://www.orchids.iastate.edu
|"There is always room for one more Orchid!!"