In a message dated 11/1/07 7:01:46 AM, Rick Barry writes:
> Next request: Braem, a name that has been subject to various vocal
> permutations here in the States.

I believe Guido pronounces it Brahm.

> With respect to a genus or species name incorporating a proper name, is
> there any consensus regarding its correct pronunciation?

The custom is to pronounce it the same as in the original language, but with
something like devonianum, it is usually accented on the penultimate syllable.
Consult the book Botanical Latin, 4th edition, which is the final authority.
I think the most mispronounced name in botanical Latin is Fuchsia.
Iris