I have no experience growing Cycnoches, but when I've seen plants in
nature they always grow in very wet lowland forests.  They loose their
leaves during the less-rainy season, but that season is not really that
dry, and does not last very long (just a few weeks). I would simply
reduce the frequency of watering, but not stop it altogether.

These plants also love to grow on dead, visibly rotting trees, and they
do not last too long in nature (because the branches where they grow do
not last too long).  But again, I have no idea what the best growing
medium would be.  I imagine it is best to repot them frequently to keep
them alive.

M.