Ditto what Iris said....E. helleborine may pop up all over, but try to
transplant it...at most it may come up the next season, weakly. Its very
common out on the north fork of Long Island, where I spend my summers....and
I've seen it growing in Central Park and in the playground a block from my
house in Queens. While I have seen it listed as an invasive species, after
observing it on L.I. for well over 20 years, I find it hard to consider it
"invasive".  It pops up here, it pops up there...usually along road sides
and driveways. They last there for a few years, and appear elsewhere. As
mentioned by someone else, they do prefer drainage...they are basically
growing in perfect Cyp. acaule habitat...sandy, acidic, low to no nutrients.
They seem to coexist perfectly well with native plants, and in fact a stand
of solomon's seal will certainly crowd them out. And even if they did out
compete native plants, their tendency to change location over the years
would prevent any long term problems. Then again, I am only speaking for
eastern Long Island...in NYC, their situation is more tenuous...but perhaps
in other locale's, they can be a problem. take care, Eric Muehlbauer in soon
to cool Queens, NY...Mem. Larry Heuer just opening.....