Hello Rocky,
Regarding your question on the roots of catasetums.
I think that this is natures way of ensuring that the plants get all the
nourishment that they require when growing on trees etc. Whereas when they
are growing in pots, they receive all the food and water from their grower.
I have seen a similar thing happen with some of the Dendrobium speciosums.
Please don't ask me where the trigger is that determines whether the roots
grow up or down!!
Cheers
Max.

It has removed 2300 spam emails to date.