Hi Erik,

I have now in bloom an epi magnoliae hybrid, Eplc. Fiftieth State Beauty. It
looks like a miniature Cattleya aurantiaca and is very floriferous. Send your
mailing address to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Didn't I send you Eulophia keithii pollen
once?

A cross that I would love to make is Phaius (Gastrorchis) tuberculosus x
Calanthe cardioglossa. Look up Chase's paper on orchid molecular phylogeny.
Spathoglottis sits off by itself, Phaius and Calanthe are in a group by
themselves (although there have been putative Phaius - Cymbidium crosses) and
Bletilla hybridizes with Arundina, Calopogon and Arethusa in another separate
group, but as far as I have heard Pleione is out away from these. Too bad, the
growth morphology is so much like Arethusa. Does anyone else out there have
more information on these?

I have from time to time put out multiple pollen requests, but have gotten no
donations. So I had to go out and buy a spiking plant of Phaius Don Rosenberg,
$$$, to ultimately recieve the pollen of my winter blooming gem of a miniature
cutie Calanthe cardioglossa. (Unfortunately the plant was in someone elses care
for a while this summer and the pod fell off.)  I also did not get any replies
for Platanthera grandiflora pollen to put on my blooming Platanthera
blephariglottis, P. ciliaris, and Pecteilis radiata.

I still am searching unsuccessfully for an Arundina graminifolia plant that is
not a little section of dessicated, soon to be rotting stem or flimsy tiny
keikii that refuses to establish.

A flasker is growing my seedlings of a mini Cymbidium crossed with Eulophia
keithii, and when I look at all the photos of African Eulophias and Brazilian
Cyrtopodiums and think of the possibilities with Catasetum and Mormodes it
makes me drool.

Bonaventure Magrys
New Jersey, USA

Original message>>>>>Message: 2