Thank you for your responses to my question of exactly what constitutes a
species. I do not wish to start any trouble or animosity, but rather debate as
to where taxonomy is at with respect to the orchids. and the possibilities at
where it may go.
   The people contributing to this website are obviously highly intelligent
with strongly held opinions. Wonderful!
   What concerns me as to classification of orchids of late is there are so
many biosynonyms for a single species that detriment to the orchid producing,
growing, and consuming community is occuring. Namely: 1) Potential sales are
lost due to confusion. 2) Expenses are increased and time is wasted for
producers (new tags, catalogs, software, website changes. 3) Consumers who only
know of one biosynonym may not get the plant they want.
   Taxonomy of late has indeed become quite taxing of money and patience. What
was once an asset to commerce and contibution of knowledge has now become a
liability.