If I create subclasses, does this impact the query performance of the
master class?

For example, if I have Sporting Goods, then subclasses tennis rackets, golf
clubs, etc, when i "select from sportinggoods", does this impact the
overall query performance of querying all the subclasses as well? This
would be opposed to keeping all of the different sporting goods in the
sporting good class together.