Hi Andrey,

With non-blocking I mean that the call should return immediately, probably
with a handler which is called whenever the database operation is ready.

The reason for this is that Vert.x is an event-driven framework using
so-called eventloops on which multiple handlers will be registered.
If one of those handlers performs some blocking code (a sleep, a wait, a
blocking database call, whatever), the whole eventloop gets blocked,
meaning the other handlers on the loop can't be served.

So a Vert.x application consists of one or more modules, where each module
consists of one or more handlers that are registered on the eventloop.
One of the modules in the application can be e.g. a database module that
handles all database related operations for the application.
Because such a module actually consists of one or more handlers that are
registered on the eventloop, it is of uttermost importance that it can
perform all its operations in an async, non-blocking way.
Hence the request for an async, non-blocking api for OrientDB which can be
used for any db related operation (crud, document/graph, geo related, it
doesn't matter, it should all be available)

I hope this clarifies what I meant.

regards,

Santo