Kevin,

Orient has Classes which can be either a vertex or an edge if you want to
use graph approach or you can just create a class which is the same a
document collection.

These classes are like documents in Mongo and can be schemaless. The studio
is great to quickly create your data models.

create class Person Extends V -------> Like db.Person in Mongo

To insert there are a few options but one way is to use

create vertex Person set Name = "Bill" , Height="1.66"

A vertex is like a row or record and an Edge is a relationship that can
joins rows. Mongo has no concept like this. The only way is to embed data
as subdocuments. Which results in many problems. You really have to do a
lot of schema design to support querying up front.

The great thing with Orient are that records are first class citizen which
means that they are links rather than traditional joins. The data that has
a relationship points to each other.

I'm just new to Orient myself and have replaced my entire data layer in a
matter of weeks. It has opened up new possibilities.

Regards,
Tom