Or should I have an edge that stores the instance of the value such as

Create vertex Foo set Name = "record1"
->#11:0

Create edge hasProperties from #11:0 to [#12:0,#12:1] set values = {5,20}

This way I would be able to get The meta data information and have instance
values associated with them?

Any thoughts?