Hi Wouter,

It is not really that easy to improve performance of subquery with index.
Because in a sub-query you select records from subset created somehow but
not from class.

General approach in this case is to rewrite your query in more efficient
way, change schema or create a manual index.
Certain advises need more detailed investigation of your case.

Best regards,
Artem Orobets

* Orient Technologiesthe Company behind OrientDB*