Thanks Luca ...
must say orientdb is just awesome !!!

the example is the People / Address where People can work/live at the same
Address; so the Address Id is unique for each address, while multiple
People hold the same Address Id.
What I want is for People to link to Address @rid (via Address Id that a
person is referencing), are you saying that this is not possible via CREATE
LINK?

It works fine using Keith's approach, ie. setting the address' @rid link in
person's record.

I'm aware that perhaps edges might be a better solution, but we're still
just testing things out :) ...