Hi everyone,

 while playing around with OrientDB 2.0.4 I encountered the following
problem:

I have the following (schematic) classes

public class ClassA{

    private String someData;
    private ClassB embeddedClass;

}

public class ClassB implements Serializable{

    private Integer someData;
    private ClassC classToBeReferenced;

}

public class ClassC implements Serializable{

    private Boolean someData;
}

Allthough ClassC should not be embedded but referenced in ClassB, ClassB
contains an actual instance of ClassC so that people can easily set an
instance of ClassC on ClassB (and not have to deal with OrientDB to get the
RID of the instance of ClassC).

The problem with this setup is that OrientDB embeds ClassC in ClassB when
an instance of ClassB is serialized. In order to avoid that I created a
custom serializer for ClassC:

public class ClassCSerializer implements OObjectSerializer<ClassC, ORID> {

}

My problem is now, that the solution with the custom implementation of
OObjectSerializer does not seem to work in verison 2.0.4 anymore, since I
cannot find an OObjectSerializerContext where the serializers can be added
to. I have orient-core, -client and -enterprise modules in version 2.0.4 on
my classpath.

Futhermore, I've tried to solve the problem by implementing
ODocumentSerializable with ClassB. But this is not an ideal solution
either, since the ODocument, which is created by the toDocument() method is
stored as an own entry in the database.

Can anybody help me out here?

Regards, Pascal