Hello guys,

We are currently considering replacing our MySQL backend with a graph
database. The application is huge, and very complex, so we are starting
with a POC. OrientDb is a good candidate, however, I'm having problems
locating meaningful reliable information about how to use OrientDB with
Java. I understand that mixing OODatabase with Graph is not a good idea and
that Graph alone mode provides the best bang for the buck, however, mapping
java classes to vertices and edges is no fun, especially when you have
hundreds of java classes already written. I've read about TinkerPop,
Blueprints and Frames, but can't seem to find a good example to get me
started.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Something as simple as
creating a Person class in Java and persisting it int OrientDB using a
Vertex, then creating a second person, then creating an edge, etc? then
retrieving it, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luis