We are building an educational platform. The content of our lessons is
described in JSON. We can store them as String and afterwards convert them
to JSON objects on the web app side.

I was just wondering if there is a more elegant approach and a possibility
to store them directly as JSON objects. On some older threads (2011/2012) I
saw some recommendations on storing them as embedded objects, but this type
does not seem to exist anymore.

I have tried as Embedded, Embedded Lists which returned an error when I try
to save our object. Embedded Sets seems to be able to store it, although
I'm not sure why. What would be the correct way of achieving this