I have a few questions about storage overhead in ODB. If this is in the
documentation somewhere, I've not been able to find it.

   1. What is the overhead (in bytes) to store any document (V or E),
   regardless of any property data (and not including indices, if any)?
   2. If non-mandatory properties are defined in the schema but not
   created/stored, is there any per-document overhead for those properties?
   3. For a given property type (BYTE, SHORT, INTEGER, STRING, etc.) what
   is the overhead for each (i.e. a SHORT is two bytes, but how many actual
   bytes are written to storage for each SHORT in a given document)?
   4. Are there any best-practices to minimize storage overhead (obviously,
   using the smallest property type for the job is key, but beyond that)?

I'm asking because I have an application that needs to store a very large
number (billions) of relatively small documents (i.e. they have only three
or four SHORT or INTEGER values), so storage overhead becomes very
important in planning for system scalability.

My current database architecture uses lightweight links between the
"root/owner" vertexes (of which there are only hundreds of thousands) and
the "data" vertexes (of which there will be billions over time). I had also
considered doing this using embedded documents, except that "data" vertexes
will sometimes (often) need to link to other "data" vertexes, not just from
the "root" to the "data", so using lightweight edges seemed like a better
approach. If anyone has any insight or comments on this, I'd love to hear
them.

--Eric