Another sub-question on this topic: I assume that if you don't add the
property at all, then it add zero bytes to the record--correct? But if you
add a fixed-size property (i.e. SHORT, INTERGER, LONG, etc.) to a record
with its value explicitly set to NULL, does that take up the same amount of
space as storing a value? I'm asking because of what happens next: If you
later update that NULL property and set it to a non-NULL value, does that
change the total size of the record or does it update "in place"?