Awesome!  FWIW, the desired result is achieved without the GROUP BY at the
end.  So the following does the same thing:

SELECT
DriverID, DriverName, list(CarCost)
FROM ( MATCH {...} RETURN ...)

I have to admit that I still don't fully understand what list() is doing.
The documentation doesn't quite get me there.  The good news is that I can
do what I want to do.

Thanks so much for your help.

-Michael