On Oct 3, 2012, at 4:04 AM, James Giba <the1notneotho...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am glad there is an attempt to start selling diagrams digitally, but it
> only stands to prove why piracy exists. Five dollars for a single very simple
> penguin? Eight dollars for a single butterfly? Are you out of your mind? So
> when you publish your book of thirty models all being worth that you will
> charge us $150??? I would maybe try to pay that for a Lang book of his finest
> thirty models. You are out of touch and greedy.

I want to point out that this file download system is very new. Right
now, no one knows what the 'right' price for individual diagram sales
should be because it's never been done before. It will certainly very
from author to author (authors name there own price). Hopefully as we
continue to receive more models for sale and start to analyze the
sales figures, perhaps we can then make some recommendations as to
price.

But until then, if you think something is too expensive, don't buy it.
Then perhaps after some time with very few sales, the author of an
expensive item will lower the price. That's the beauty of a market
system. But please bear with us while we embark on this new adventure
into a land unknown!

-Jason Ku
Board Member, OrigamiUSA
The Fold Managing Editor, OrigamiUSA