On Oct 8, 2012 7:32 AM, "Robert J. Lang" <robert
<rob...@langorigami.com>@<rob...@langorigami.com>
langorigami.com <rob...@langorigami.com>> wrote:

> Thus spake "Jean-Christophe Helary"
> <jean.christophe.helary<jean.christophe.hel...@gmail.com>
@ <jean.christophe.hel...@gmail.com>gmail.com<jean.christophe.hel...@gmail.com>>
on
> 10/7/12 11:52 PM:
>
> >Are the existing licenses already defined ?
>
> Well the rightsowner project (which is what would define the existing
> licenses) hasn't started up, so they're not defined yet. But I expect they
> will be early in the discussions.

As far as the licenses go, it seems like there are just a handful of things
out would have to cover. The creative commons license operates under a neat
structure, where there are a few different parameters (commercial use,
share-alike, attribution) that can be set independently to fit the
creator's wishes. And any of them can be waived by the rights holder on a
case-by-case basis. It seems like a similar kind of license would cover
basically all the different cases, while not being overly complicated.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/