On Oct 9, 2012, at 5:41 PM, Dave Mitchell <dave.mitch...@virgin.net> wrote:

> Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>
>> 2) I don't want to give my card information on the web
>
> In case it is pirated, maybe?

Indeed, I hear plenty of stories about card info stolen and that's the reason
why I try to use it the less possible online and offline.

The other thing is that credit cards are not used as often in Japan as in other
countries I understand. In Japan, cash payment is really big.
Even for online shopping, you can pay cash, either in the convenience store
next door, or at the door when the product is delivered to you. To give you an
example, even Apple Japan allows cash payment at delivery for up to $2500
(¥200,000).

Also, I understand that I am an exception but, I live in Japan, my card is
issued from a French bank and since I don't generally use it for payments, I
never really check my balance. The account to which the card is linked is in
Euro and I "live" in Yen and I can't really afford to send money to France,
just because I want to use it.

Jean-Christophe Helary
fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr)