[I posted this to Nick Robinson's _Origami Didactics_ forum -
http://www.nickrobinson.info/clients/didactics/index.php in case anyone is
interested in sharing there!]

I'm searching for references to the idea of "purist" principles of origami.
In which publications have such ideas been referenced or proposed? Where
are significant discussions (not---just---heated debate) about the idea?

Other than some articles by David Lister on the BOS site...in "To Glue or
Not to Glue" -- http://www.britishorigami.info/academic/lister/glue.php  --
Lister cites Robert Harbin's _Paper Magic_ as the earliest source for a few
principles.

I'm just beginning my search in earnest about this topic...so any pointers
are very welcome!