Hello Origamigos!

Last Year's Pin Exchange was a huge success! Everyone had such a great time
trading pins and I've gotten several emails from people who want to do it
again this year so the 2nd annual convention Pin Trade is on!!

If you are interested in joining us, shoot me an email privately to
s...@creased.com with the subject line: OUSA Pin Exchange and I will add you
to an email list to keep you updated on how we will proceed. send me a
photo of your pin and I will post it on the Facebook page. feel free to
upload your own photos as well.

Here is the link to the Facebook event page: (you don't need to have a
facebook account to see the event and the photos and you don't need to have
an account to join the trade)

https://www.facebook.com/events/266276776850089/

There are really no rules or guidelines other than to fold or prepare
something origami inspired that can be clipped or pinned to a badge or
tshirt or our convention bag. Have fun and be creative! Some people
attached pin backs to folded things. some glue dotted onto mini clothespins
and others added a little string to tie onto name badges and lanyards. Some
people just folded colorful mini cranes and had them to stick on badges as
a sticker...

Be as creative as you want! As for how many to make, its up to you! you can
do just one to trade with a friend or a few to exchange with new origami
buddies or a dozen or two to trade with the many others who will be
planning to participate. I will try to keep you up to date on how many
people are planning to bring a pin by email. (Last year we had over 60
different pins) Also for those of you wanting to make them at convention, I
will bring with me my supply kit filled with pins and clips and gluedots
that you can use and make things while you're there! The kit will be in the
main all at a table. You can see most of last year's pins on the event page
for ideas!

SOME INFO ABOUT THE TRADE:

We will start the trade on Saturday during lunch at 12:30 in the main hall.
If you don't have them done by then, its okay, I think we will continue to
trade throughout the convention and also with people only attending on
Sunday!

On Friday and Sat and Sun, I will have lots of mini clothes pins and glue
dots at a table in the main hall for those of you who want to bring folded
objects to make pins into! Its never too late to fold something for an
origami friend! ;)

Happy folding and see you soon!!!!

-Sok
s...@creased.com

ps. I've had interest from several people wanting to participate remotely.
At this point there isn't really a way to participate if you will not be at
convention, but if you can get someone to trade pins for you you should
contact them personally.