I thought that I should share this since so many of you like to fold dollar
bills.

We just had a new member join our monthly Origami Group in the Lehigh Valley.
She is a bank teller. She told us why it is so hard to get new dollars. A
teller at my  bank just confirmed that current state of distribution.

When I was growing up, banks got their money from the Federal Reserves Bank.
More recently, money distribution companies have taken over the collection and
distribution of money. These money distribution companies will pick up money
from stores and bank, count, sort and package the money. By keeping the
rollover of money in house, they enhance their profits. They only go out to the
Fed for new money when they have  a shortage or at holidays to cover increased
demands.

This means that the old money that the Federal Reserve would take out of
circulation and destroy stays in the system longer. The money distribution
firms just keep recycling money longer than before. This is why it is so hard
to get new dollar bills.

Mark