That was a tiring afternoon.  From 3-5 today I ran an origami/engineering
program for about 60 girls, grades 5-9, from the Villages at Cabrillo
housing project here in Long Beach.

They are living here on campus this week, doing all sorts of hands-on
science and engineering projects, sponsored by the CSU Long Beach College
of Engineering, Women Engineers at the Beach, Long Beach City College, the
California Community Colleges, and the California Space Grant Consortium.

This is a part of the "Engineering Girls, It Takes a Villiage" project.

On my feet for 2 hours teaching a tessellation (yes, a tessellation) and
having the girls test its mechanical properties.

As I said ....

"Woooo .... .....ooo .....oooo...t."

With best wishes,

Galen T. Pickett