On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Ravi Apte <ravi.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 6OSME, August 10 to 13, 2014
> Tanteidan Convention, August 15 to 17, 2014
> Korean Convention: August 23 to 24, 2014
>
> It will be interesting to know if there are plans for the period between 18
> to 22...

There has been talk of perhaps doing another Origami Caravan excursion
up to the area devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, to teach
origami at some of the local community centers.  It is still *very*
much in the planning stages, and may not be possible to pull together
given all the other activities beforehand, or even feasible given the
number of attendees.  I'm sure there will be public announcements well
in advance if it is likely to happen.  And if not, then I'd encourage
folks to consider either taking a tour on their own (say, down to
Kyoto or the like) and/or heading early to Korea and touring around a
bit there.  Start doing research now, to see what might interest you,
and you'll be able to make a well-informed choice when the time comes!

It's a busy time of year for travel in Japan, so things will have to
get organized pretty early, and with lots more overseas visitors
expected this year, I think we'll have schedules much earlier than
usual.

The Japan National Tourism Organization ( http://www.jnto.go.jp/ ) has
lots of good information; as does the Korea Tourism Organization (
http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto ).

Hope that's useful,

Anne