We did some folding from Savage photo-backdrop paper (107" wide).  We used a
variety of techniques and found that the best way was to work on a surface with
some visible guides.  An asphalt tile floor works well if you check the
squareness of the tiles.  We also had success by carefully measuring out a
square on the floor and marking it with tape.  Two full edges and the last
corner just a corner marking.  That lets you place one edge of the paper along
one long tape edge, mark the paper then cut.

Just remember that the key to making the tape marks square is all four sides
exact same length, and the two diagonals the same length.

John Scully
jscu...@ohiopaperfolders.com