Hi everyone,

the year may slowly be approaching its end, but I'm not slowing down. :) So
in this email I have lots of new content to share with you since my last
one (not even a month ago!).

1. Instructional videos
This time it's not just one instructional video I'm announcing, but three!
In October I posted two special tutorials, and with it being the first
Saturday of November my regular monthly video is up, too.

The first video shows how to customize your paper using acrylic paint - I
actually used printer paper, which just about anyone should have access to.
Using acrylics on printer paper not just makes it unique and beautiful, but
in my opinion also enhances its folding properties.
See the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfIt_uqiPzs or
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-acrylic_paint_on_printer_paper and
a photo of the model I folded from the paper I colored in the video at
http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-lafosse-alexander_swallowtail_butterfly_2

The second video is all about how you can wrap your presents using basic
origami techniques. You won't require any tape or ribbon - and actually not
even a perfectly cut rectangle, as none of the raw edges will show. See the
instructions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmnGO1chfGM or
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-wrap_presents_without_tape_or_ribbon
Especially when you don't have access to your full office supplies (e.g.
when traveling) I find this technique super useful. Of course, it's also a
bit more environmentally friendly - and a special treat for any origami
lover. :)

Finally, my main instructional video for November presents Peter Keller's
beautiful "Pelleas Box", which is a decorative 3D star. Thanks to Peter for
a wonderful model and his permission to present it in a video.

Picture of my fold: http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-keller-pelleas_box
Video on happyfolding:
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-keller-pelleas_box
Video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6amPrfROkKo

And if you're more of a diagrams person, you can buy those in Peter's etsy
shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PetersOrigamiPassion - and of course you
should explore his flickr stream if you haven't yet:
http://flickr.com/syngola
Indeed, Peter inspired me to produce the video on coloring printer paper
with acrylic paint with all the fantastic coloring he does!

2. Your Origami Folds
In October, Your Origami Folds was all about the "Star Bowl" designed by
Dáša Ševerová <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSrp9Rtu7zM> (tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y1q8m7UdhA or
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-severova-star_bowl ). I received
so many beautiful submissions, which you can enjoy, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSrp9Rtu7zM or
http://www.happyfolding.com/your_origami_folds-october_2014
Indeed, I feel like the quality of submissions keeps on increasing and am
excited even more to see the artful pieces you create in the future, too.
Keeping that in mind, I'd like to highlight the deadline for the two next
Your Origami Folds videos:
November 8th 2014 (one week from today) for the bat designed by Fernando
Gilgado Gómez <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdvHEgMjz8> (tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdvHEgMjz8 or
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-gilgado_gomez-bat )
December 14th 2014 for Pelleas Box designed by Peter Keller
Simply submit your photo by sending me an email including a statement that
allows me to use that photo in a video. I look forward to seeing your folds!

3. Paper Review for Karaperapisu (カラペラピス)
A new paper review by Ilan Garibi and Gadi Vishne is available. They've
started a series of reviews on Japanese papers, and Karaperapisu is the
first one.
Read the review at http://www.happyfolding.com/paper-review_karaperapisu or
https://origamiusa.org/thefold/article/paper-review-22-karaperapisu - or,
for BOS members, in the most recent BOS magazine.
I'd also like to highlight a new feature of the paper reviews on
happyfolding - if you click on the images a higher resolution image will
pop up. Previously these had been links to Ilan's flickr stream, but we've
decided to move towards this new format. I'll update the older paper
reviews as I find the time. For now, only the two most recent ones
(Karaperapisu and O-Gami) have this feature. We hope this makes looking at
the pictures in detail easier and even more enjoyable.

4. http://www.papierdesign.at discount
Last month I reached 25 million video views, so I did another giveaway. I
decided to give away 25 packs of paper designed by Julia Schönhuber. While
the giveaway has already concluded, Julia is offering everyone a 20%
discount on all orders until the end of the year (Dec 31st 2014). Simply
use the discount code sara2014 to get yourself some wonderful paper or to
bring an origami friend a special joy for Christmas or a different gift
giving occasion. And if you haven't checked out Julia's paper yet, you
really should! She's also put together a collection of photos showing
models folded from her paper:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125207082@N02/favorites/

I think that's enough origami goodness from my side for this email. :)

All the best and happy folding,

-- Sara