Hey guys,

I'm discussing in the forum about the categories within practical origami
of which different models exist and origamists still create new models. You
can find the thread here:
http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13010

Up to date I've compiled the following list including what I consider the
purpose of the object.

-Bags: For collecting objects and transporting them.
-Bookmarks: For indicating a particular page within a book.
-Boxes: For storing objects.
-Card holders and wallets: For taking around and organizing small flat
objects.
-Chopstick sleeves: I'm not sure if for protecting a pair of chopsticks by
covering them or decorating them for special occasions (the use of origata).
-Chopstick rests: For keeping the tips of chopsticks lifted from the table.
-Envelopes: For concealing and holding flat objects.
-Lampshades: For diffusing the light from lamps.
-Letterfolds: For concealing messages and making them easy to take with you.
-Pencil holders: For holding writing implements for easy retrieving.
-Photo frames: For showing photographs.
-Vases: For holding cut flowers and provide water for them.

I wasn't too sure about including vases but with the right materials I'm
sure it could accomplish what is expected from a common vase and there are
quite a number of models of that category.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you (1) if you could think of other common
categories. Remember: for it to be considered "common" different models
should exist of that category and origamists still create models regarding
it. Besides that, for being considered "practical" it's purpose should be
something different from amusing. OK?

Related with that I wanted to ask you (2) if "phone stands" should be
included. I haven't done so because I only know of three models and they
aren't all that new. And I also wanted to ask (3) if people nowadays use
origami hats with a practical intention. In the past some people used to
fold them in order to protect their hair when painting but I think people
don't do that anymore and I can't think of any other intention different
from amusing.

Thanks in advance : )