Hi

My local group is organizing a convention for early June and apart from the
individual exhibitions of the people participating we  usually do a group
exhibition with a specific topic. For this year someone proposed to do an
exhibition showing different ages of origami with models that were
representative somehow of one era (innovative, groundbreaking or those
everybody wanted to fold). Several of us have researched if is there such a
timeline and we've found nothing of use. We checked David Lister's
archives, Peter Engel books and several other sources without luck.

So is anyone aware of such a timeline?

I would think it would go something like this (with a lot to be improved,
revised and added)

16 th century crane, flappin bird and the like.
1953 Jackstone
... Mooser's train
195? Akira Joshizawa's Orangutan
1970 Animals derived from John Montroll's animal base
198? Robert Lang's pianist
199? Chris Palmer's Flower Tower
199? Michael Lafosse's Butterfly
199? Several of Tomoko Fuse's boxes
199? Several of Tomoko Fuse's modulars
200? Kamiya Satoshi's Ancient Dragón
200? Hojyo Takashi's God of Thunder
200? Brian Chan's Attack of the Kraken
200? Robert Lang's Black Forest Cuckoo clock
200? Joel Cooper's Tessellated Masks
200? Roman Diaz Hippocampus
201? Those ultra complex models from the Vietnam guys

And many more from Japanese, European, Asian and American (including Latín
América) creators. This is what I got for now and I have a plane to catch.

I know it is very incomplete bit it is just to give an idea. So does anyone
one know of such timeline of be willing to complement mine?

--
Jorge Jaramillo