I am sorry to report that, on the morning of September 4, 2015, Deborah Foreman-Takano has passed away. I received this news from her colleague, Dr. Tom Robb, Chair of the English Department at Kyoto Sangyo University. I quote below the information concerning Deborah's wake and funeral, which he emailed today:

"
お通夜 (tsuya) [Wake]
2015年9月6日(日)19時    [Sunday, 6 September 2015, 7pm]
 ○場所:公益社 北ブライトホール    [Koekisha  Kita Bright Hall]
  ・住所:京都市北区紫野宮西町34   [34 Murasakino Miyanishicho, Kita-ku, Kyoto]
  ・電話:075-414-0420
  〇喪主:須賀 達郎(スガ、タツロウ)様 Tatsuro Suga  [Main mourner]

○告別式 (Funeral)
 ○日時:2015年9月7日(月)10時~11時  [Monday, 7 September 2015, 10-11am]
 ○場所:公益社 北ブライトホール
  ・住所:京都市北区紫野宮西町34
   ・電話:075-414-0420
  〇喪主:須賀 達郎(スガ、タツロウ)様
"

I do realize that this is sudden and it would be difficult for Deborah's friends who are not already in Japan to attend at this short notice. Information on other ways to honor her will follow, when more is known.

Many of us know Deborah as someone who enjoyed folding and meeting people at origami conventions and conferences, from the Origami Tanteidan (JOAS) and OrigamiUSA Conventions to the COETs (Conferences on Origami in Education and Therapy) and OSMEs (Origami in Science, Mathematics, and Education conferences), where she shared her experience in using origami to help teach people to better communicate with each other. Many of us are blessed to have known her as a friend. We miss her.

- Elsa