Hi all,

If you have already received an email about the free diagram on the
OrigamiUSA website, my apologies for cross-posting.

We are very happy to report that we already have well over 1,400 responses
to the OrigamiUSA Survey that was posted in the middle of November!  In
appreciation of the strong response --- and even though the survey does not
close until January 10, 2016 --- we are doing an early posting of the free
diagram that is our thank you gift to the community.

The diagram is Wensdy Whitehead’s “Flapping Bird Wearing a Crane Costume,”
an action model that unites the fun of the traditional flapping bird with
the charm of the classic crane.

To receive your diagram, go to this link:
https://origamiusa.org/catalog/products/flapping-bird-wearing-crane-costume-pdf
.
Just put this item in your cart and check-out.  There will be no charge,
since it is priced at $0.00.  Note, you will need to be registered on the
website and signed in to your account to download the diagram. (We are
distributing in this way in order to provide some copyright protection to
Wensdy via our watermarking system. Please do not post it elsewhere.) The
diagram will be available for free until Feb. 14, 2016.

Many thanks to Wensdy Whitehead for providing the diagram.  Keep an eye out
for her collection of related models that will soon be available in the
downloads section of The Source.

Also note, especially if you live in the Boston area, that Wensdy has 10
models on display at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, MA, in their
current exhibit, “Sizing it Up:  Scale in Nature and Art” including an
origami bird folded from a 5mm piece of paper (less than ¼”).

Please do encourage your friends to complete the survey if they (or you!)
have not done so.  The survey will be available until January 10 at
www.surveymonkey.com/r/origamiusa. Even though we have far exceeded our
original goal, we want to hear from you—your opinion matters.

Many, many thanks,
The Survey Team:
Wendy Zeichner
Char Morrow