folk-toys, particularly paper ones, when living in Japan. I have one of these
paper tiger 'boxes. It has a bivalve shell affixed to each corner, so when you
fan it, it 'dances'. I think I got it in the far north of Honshu (main island),
and was told it was a traditional toy of the area.

Cheers

Clare, Perth Origami Group

(I didn't see any origami as such in this antiquarian bookdealer's catalogue,
except perhaps for a paper-tiger box in this wonderful set of pictures of
Japanese toys, each page with its own animal theme:
http://rarebook.com/index.php/component/content/article/41/2084)