> Den 22. jan. 2016 kl. 21.53 skrev Gerardo @neorigami.com
> <gera...@neorigami.com>:
>
> I recently received a Spanish copy of Creative Origami (Papiroflexia
> Creativa) by Kunihiko Kasahara. The first chapter is about birds. In it
> there's a page with the diagrams for both the male and female mandarin
> duck. In the book it says that the diagrams on the left are for the male
> mandarin duck and the ones on the right are for the female.
The English paperback edition, fifth printing October 1983, page 29, says
"drake" (male duck) about the leftmost, and "duck" about the rightmost. And you
are right to wonder, because it is the male mandarin duck that should have the
strutting, colorful tail. So unless Japanese mandarin ducks are completely
different from the imported ones we see in Europe, there is a persistent error
in the book.
Nevertheless, it is a lovely pair.
Regards,
Hans