OK, I wanted to give you an update regarding this matter.

I contacted Norman Brosterman. This was his answer: "I have folds dated
1874 from St. Louis. Made by American kindergarten teachers."

A member on the list offered helping me contact Joan Sallas. Hopefully he
has pictures of Senff's models in display in German museums and have a good
idea of how old they are. I'll let you know once I contact him.

Karen, did you have any luck getting a picture of Linnaeus's fold of the
seed packet from 1778?

Guys, any idea of how we can contact Koshiro Hatori or the Moriwaki family
regarding the folds from the first decade of the XIX century that the
family owns? There has to be a way.

Another member on the list mentioned me the Turin papyrus map as the oldest
preserved fold. There's information here about the map:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turin_Papyrus_Map

According to the information there, it might have never been folded: the
apparent creases might be a consequence of the deterioration of the paper.
Besides that I personally would say the map isn't well-preserved, and even
if it was, in my own opinion the traditional method for folding a map isn't
origami, but that's just what I think : )

This centuries old folds might offer us tips about how to best preserve our
best folds. Just a thought ; )

Gerardo
gerardo(a)neorigami.com

PS: Thank you for the tips regarding the drinking cup; It has been really
useful. I'm doing some tests. If you're interested, I also started a very
interesting thread about the models capacity in The Origami Forum:
http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13674