Hi everyone,

here in Germany we had our first snow last month and the last week freezing
temperatures. So it seems it's just the right time of year to fold some
beautiful snowflakes!
And I've got just the model for you - an Iimori snowflake designed by
Melina "Yureiko" Hermsen. The video tutorial that's available as of today
describes how to fold to variants. If you use different sizes and maybe
come up with your own small alterations, you'll be able to fill all your
windows with a great mix of snowflakes!

But pictures say more than words:
Picture on Happyfolding:
http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-hermsen-iimori_snowflakes
Video on Happyfolding:
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-hermsen-iimori_snowflakes
Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/5WB0Niu3lmE

Many thanks to Melina for all her fantastic work and her permission to
demonstrate how to fold her Iimori snowflakes in a video. And you must
definitely also check out her Flickr stream, which has recently been a
flurry of many other Iimori models - and some super artistic sculptural
folds: https://www.flickr.com/photos/24776310@N04
Also, if you're wondering which paper Melina often uses for her Iimoris,
it's by Julia Schönhuber from http://papierdesign.at/origami-shop - most of
her designs have a 12-point symmetry, and are therefore perfect for
symmetric folds from hexagons. So if you're not aware of her work yet, it's
really worth checking out - and might make just the perfect Christmas
present for your fellow folder. :)

Wishing you a peaceful holiday season and of course happy folding,

-- Sara