Regarding the discussion about what is a variation in origami and if my box
is one or not, David Mitchell made a distinction between two concepts
"variation" and "development". Thank you David!

I loved the distinction and I think it's a very useful one. I understand
that you coined the concept of "development" in the sense you explained to
us, is that correct? We really shouldn't put everything in the same sack
when there's a difference between making a small change to a model for
aesthetic reasons, for example, and creating a new model based on an
existing one : )

Continuing guys, I remembered a delightful short article by Jeremy Shafer
that was relatively related to this discussion. I read it once again, I
recommend you to do the same:
http://www.barf.cc/jeremy/origami/BOOK/essays/origami_ethics/origami_ethics.htm

In relation to what the article says, I think that one thing is true:
discussions regarding if a particular model is or not a variation of a
prior model are best settled privately between the creator of the previous
model and the creator of the new one. In that sense, it has a case by case
basis. So I sent a message to Victor M. Nuñez to ask him what he thinks
about my box and his bowl.

Does anyone else wants to share your thoughts regarding "variation" in
origami. I'd love to read them and I'm sure I'm not the only one ; )

Gerardo
gerardo(a)neorigami.com