Hey, it's October 24th - that's the start of "World Origami Days" (
https://origamiusa.org/wod, http://www.origami.gr.jp/WOD/2017/ [in
Japanese])

WOD is a multi-week celebration of origami spanning from today, October
24th, the birthday of Lillian Oppenheimer (founder of the first origami
group in the US) to November 11th, which is Origami Day in Japan. The goal
is to share the joy of origami, world wide, in any way you can.

I encourage everyone to fold something (at least one thing! you have two
and a half weeks!) and post it online somewhere, and send us a link here on
the list. (Remember, you cannot send images *to the list itself*.) If you
like, you can download an official "World Origami Days 2017" label and put
it in your picture, get yours here:

http://www.origamihouse.jp/wod2017/Application.html

There's a Flickr group, too: https://www.flickr.com/groups/worldorigamidays/

And of course posting and sharing other's photos on Facebook is a fine way
to share the fun (and let your non-origami friends about this cool thing
you do.)

To start it off, I folded the "Makoto Rose" by Yamaguchi Makoto; here's the
blog entry:

https://gofoldsomething.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/yamaguchis-makoto-rose-wod-2017-1/

Enjoy!

Anne