>Geraldo: I was asked to make folds for a pair of earrings. It's my first time.
>Have any of you made origami earrings? What should the final size of the folds
>be?

~~~~

It all depends on who is wearing them and what sort of earrings they like. If
they like big statement earrings, then anything up to 5-6cm long and wide (for
the origami part, not including the drop) is acceptable. (But the origami needs
to be quite flat, otherwise it'd be too chunky).

If the person prefers dainty, then 0.7cm would probably be the minimum. Any
smaller and it'd be too small.

If you are not sure, anything between 1-1.5cm would be ok for most people.

Just go to a jewellery store and check out their range of drop earrings and
you'll get a guide.

(Unless you are making stud earrings, in which case, I'd recommend no more than
1.5cm wide and 1.5cm long maximum.)

Winnie