Hi there!

It's December and with that comes the season for Christmas folds. So as a
special treat, I'll be posting four tutorials on star models by four
different designers. Here's the first one:

*1. Tutorial: Popiołek Star designed by Natalia Guzowska*
I recently discovered Natalia's work and totally fell in love with it. She
graciously allowed me to present some of her models, thank you! While there
were many beautiful folds to choose from, I decided to demonstrate her
wonderful Popiołek Star first.

Picture: https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-guzowska-popiolek_star
Tutorial on YouTube: https://youtu.be/X5Su_1_SEsY
Tutorial on happyfolding:
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-guzowska-popiolek_star

Also check out Natalia's Flickr stream
https://www.flickr.com/photos/talina_78/ for more of her work, including
photo diagrams for some of her other stars:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/talina_78/albums/
And yes, I do plan to make more tutorials for some of her models in 2018. :)

Plus, make sure to visit my channel <https://www.youtube.com/adamssara> or
website <https://www.happyfolding.com/> the next couple of Saturdays for
the other 3 stars I'll also be showing you. Especially check out the video
I'll publish on December 23rd, if you want to see a tutorial where I teach
not just you, but also my son how to fold the "Corona Star" by Maria
Sinayskaya! https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-sinayskaya-corona_star
And for those of you that prefer diagrams over videos, next Saturday I'll
be releasing both a video *and diagrams* for Mukul Achawal's "A Star In All
Of Us" <https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-achawal-a_star_in_all_of_us>.
:)

Since my previous email last month, I also published a tutorial remake:

*2. Tutorial: 6-Pointed Star Box designed by Robin Glynn (Remake)*

I presented this model in 2009 already, but it's been a while since then.
Now you can enjoy a higher-quality tutorial on this fantastic box, which of
course makes a perfect present or packaging for a small gift.

Picture: https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-glynn-6_pointed_star_box
Tutorial on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S_GCOgAhwI8
Tutorial on happyfolding:
https://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-glynn-star_box

And of course I continued my new ASMR and time-lapse series:

*3. Time-lapse and ASMR of "Big Star" tessellation by Melina "Yureiko"
Hermsen*
If you'd like to watch me fold this wonderful model, you can pick between
the sped-up version, squeezing the full 1 3/4 hours of folding into under 4
minutes; or, of course, check out the ASMR video for my folding of the
model in normal speed with just the sound of paper being creased.

Pictures: https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-hermsen-big_star-2 (kami) or
https://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-hermsen-big_star (glassine)

ASMR video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/FxT2i_NnLMc
ASMR video on happyfolding:
https://www.happyfolding.com/asmr-hermsen-big_star

Time lapse on YouTube: https://youtu.be/zV9Etmj4H8A
Time lapse on happyfolding:
https://www.happyfolding.com/animation-hermsen-big_star

Thanks to Melina for showing me how to fold this model. Also, I tried to
record the ASMR video in such a way that you might be able to fold along to
it. Let me know how it goes, if you give it a try!

With that, I wish you all a pleasant end of the year and many happy folds,

-- Sara