>  Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 10:31:51 -0400
> From: Sy Chen <shi...@gmail.com>
>
> I came across this invention on indiegogo site:
>

> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-qwnn-light-and-power-anytime-anywhere
>
> I am not sure if this have been mentioned before.
>
> Happy folding!
>
> Sy Chen

Thank you, Sy! That is a beautiful, useful, solar-powered design! I've just
ordered one through the IndieGoGo crowd-funding site. If only it were ready
for Halloween tomorrow!

I especially like the fact that my order includes a donation of a SoLight
to an Indonesian family affected by the 2018 tsunami. Our Princeton Public
Library Origami group got its start shortly after the terrible 2004
Indonesian tsunami. A kid at an origami program at Cotsen Children's
Library, Princeton University, asked me how to make an origami Wave. That
was the inspiration for a series of tsunami relief fundraisers using
origami. Our group emerged from that effort--and members recently
contributed generously to  UNICEF's tsunami relief efforts. (This reminds
me that I should send the Simple Wave model to World Origami Days:
http://www.origami.gr.jp/WOD/2018/applicationform.pdf)

Karen 10/30/2018
Karen Reeds, co-ringleader
Princeton Public Library Origami Group
Affiliate of Origami USA, http://origamiusa.org/
We usually meet 2nd Wednesday of the month, 6:30-8pm, First Floor, Quiet
Room. Free!
We provide paper! All welcome! (Kids under 8, please bring a grown-up.)
Princeton Public Library info:  609.924.9529
https://princetonlibrary.org/
Celebrating 13 years of paperfolding in Princeton!
Next meeting: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 -- Laura Kruskal teaches her
classic Thanksgiving Turkey model!