It's about time. This policy goes against the norms of email communication, and I suspect many of the guideline 'transgressors' were simply reacting to the normal practice we/they are familiar with, forgetting that the guidelines for this list is different, only to find themselves placed on the (whatever that dunce situation is called) list.

I was so penalised a few times. I do have some memory issues. I decided to stop participating in O-list discussions to avoid the hassle to get myself reinstated and to not be the source of inconvenience or irritation to anyone.

Ron