Yes, David, Robert,
I made a mistake with the model. I have in my files Cerceda’s peacock from a
square, and the model depicted in the ad shown by David Mitchell is from a
banknote. Yesterday Michel Grand wrote me noting the mistake. He said:

I think you have made a miss-spelling about the year of creation (1975) for the
Cerceda’s Peacock...

Because the model is published in “Secrets of Origami, The Japanese Art of
Paperfolding”, on page 178-182.
And the first edition of this book is : 1964...

But, the model is also in Adolfo Cerceda’s “Folding Money” published in 1963...

Probably the first diagrams is by Neal Elias (nr 297, so before 1961) but
saddly I don’t have in my library his dvd “The World of Neal Elias” to know the
exact date.

My apologies for the confusion
Laura