The problem (in my and many other’s opinion) with “use of sexist, racist,
ableist, or any other discriminatory or exclusionary language” is that those
terms are open to wildly varying interpretation.  What person X considers
normal speech, person Y considers offensive.  Who is the judge?
Remember my specific example – we were asked last year to tell people in the
welcome meeting at the convention that they should not use gender pronouns AT
ALL, because “someone may be offended, even if not part of that conversation”.

And what is “exclusionary language”?  Talk about an overly broad term!  I just
read a paper on that…some good points.  A lot of crazy ones…wait!  That was one
right there!  “Never use the word crazy even in reference to yourself “That
makes me crazy” because someone who has issues with mental health may take
offense”
This paper lists about 200 very, very common words and phrases that “should be
purged from all language”.  Too far…too far.

Plus, there is a difference between using language that should be expected to
cause offense (obvious example, using the “n-word”) and using standard
language, telling a joke, doing the standard guy thing of insulting your
friends…

Now…MAYBE add in intent there.  As in “use of sexist, racist, ableist, or any
other discriminatory language with the intention to cause offense”.  That is
still subject to interpretation, but allows some common sense to be applied.
Examples:
“I overheard person X talking to person Y and they used CIS gender pronouns!”
Answer “Yup.  Nothing wrong with that.  Sorry you got offended, but people are
allowed to do that”

Vs

“I asked person X to please address me as ZZZ, but he then continued to
deliberately address me as XXX even when I reminded him”.  Sounds like that was
deliberate, we will speak to him and ask him to address you the way you want or
just not converse with you.

Vs

“I asked person X to please address me as ZZZ, but then he occasionally
addressed me as XXX”.  Sounds like he was trying, but he has known you for 20
years and he is forgetting.  Perhaps YOU should politely remind him, since it
sounds like it is accidental”

See what I mean?  A “use of blah blah language” means you are telling people to
change their speech habits in toto, no matter who they are conversing with.  It
does not matter that that is not YOUR intent when suggesting the language, that
is how some people will try to apply it.

John Scully