<John Scully asked "And what is "exclusionary language"?

Mr. Scully provided excellent examples to show what exclusionary language
can be, and the challenges it can present.  Exclusionary language can also
occur when a particular group is identified, and not given the same
opportunities open to other groups; i.e. discrimination. An excellent
example of this aspect is contained in the kickoff discussion's referenced
"good examples of Codes Of Conduct"
https://geekfeminism.wikia.org/wiki/Community_anti-harassment/Policy

specifically:

  Community Name prioritizes marginalized people's safety over privileged
people's comfort. Response Team reserves the right not to act on complaints
regarding:

*       'Reverse' -isms, including 'reverse racism,' 'reverse sexism,' and
'cisphobia'
*       Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as "leave me alone,"
"go away," or "I'm not discussing this with you."
*       Communicating in a 'tone' you don't find congenial
*       Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive
behavior or assumptions

Mr. Scully's  general offering, "If anyone does or says anything that is
making you or someone else uncomfortable please report it to an admin and we
will make a determination and take appropriate action", is inclusive.

Orifun to all,

Dianne